Saturday, September 23, 2017

CUSTOM MARVEL LEGENDS WARZONE CABLE TOY BY DSNG!

Almost everybody that gets into custom figures has probably done their version of this tough guy, so I decided to add mine to the mix...
Cable used to be one of my fav comic characters, back in the late-90s. And since he's a time-traveler, his comic books seem to come and go like the wind. The original toy base model is shown Here, so that you can compare it to what I did...
This Warzone Cable took a long time. I did him halfway and used him for my Domino and Deadpool custom pics over Here.
Anyway, I built this guy upon the original base and added his new armor pieces with putty, along with shoulder armor and shin-guards. His X-belt was sculpted and he was given lots of guns, along with a Gears of War Blaster that was adhered via a magnet to his back. All the silver parts were custom-made. And I added a "nano-engineered cloth" around his mouth, since it's a makeshift air-filter intended to counteract the smoke that he encounters in the futuristic wasteland.

     

    

I customized the barrel of the rocket launcher that's added to his back, via a drilled hole and a matching peg that the long weapon came with [I think the weapon came from my Deadpool fodder]. I also customized the handgun that the Cable toy came with, adding a Gundam-model barrel to its underside. Strapped around his chest is the belt of the BAF Juggernaut, and I added some bullet rounds and other straps to it.

  

After painting his guns silver with Tamiya paints, I added a gray-toned gun-metal wash to them, to make them look weathered. Then his entire body was weathered. And his silver armor pieces were weathered as well. You can observe the left-side and right-side comparison images above, to see what I did to one of his arms [per the added armband and the gauntlet]. He stands very well, and he has about 5 guns and 2 daggers. The holster on his left hip was fully sculpted and glued into position. Stay tuned for more!


.

.

WEBLINK TO THE NEW $0.99 EBOOK, TITLED "DSNG TALES: UNUSUAL SUSPECT" [Click the Banner below!]